Long gone are the days of the short, basic list that used to make up the groom’s responsibilities. (Insert honeymoon planning, hotel accommodations, wedding day transportation, and for some, just showing up and smiling for pictures on the wedding day.) Today’s grooms are getting more involved and are more than happy to help their brides throughout the planning process. From choosing vendors and sharing their opinions to helping stuff invitations and more; we love how grooms are available for their brides every step of the way. Whether you’re organized or just tackle the to-do’s your bride assigns to you, be sure to add these five tasks to your list. We promise your fiancé will appreciate these!
Photography by Milton Gil Photography
1. Choose a suit or tuxedo that not only fits the overall style of the wedding, but attire you feel comfortable in.
2. Plan something special for your bride on the wedding day. Ask your best man or one of your groomsmen to deliver a thoughtful letter/card, flowers, or a small gift that will make your bride feel extra special on your wedding day.
Photography by Daniel J Photography
3. While it’s likely the little details won’t matter to you, it’s important that you attend vendor meetings and be involved throughout the planning process. Tackle your checklist as a team and we promise you’ll enjoy the journey to the altar.
Photography by DP Studio Ting Yi Photo & Cinema
4. Don’t forget to thank your groomsmen for being a part of your wedding. Be creative and select gifts for your guys they will love.
5. You’ll be expected to speak during your wedding reception. Be sure to acknowledge your beautiful bride and thank your guests for taking the time to celebrate with you. This is the time to be genuine!